Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Enliven your spoons

Early morning cooking doesn't appeal me. Yeah you guessed it right I am not a morning person. And winter mornings makes every possible action so very difficult. And to top it all my kitchen faces west so all the light is available only after noon. When so many things are working against me I had to do something to liven up this space. I generally keep rearranging the stuff in my kitchen. So that I have a new look every month or so. This time I thought of adding some color. Painting the walls will be too far fetched so I targeted the wooden spoons used for cooking.



It worked. Every morning when I see these I get a smile on my face...  




I stock up all my serving spoons and ladels in this vase/pot... Searching them in the kitchen drawers while cooking is a real pain. So this way it is Easy to pick and Easy to choose from...

During my stay in Japan I had been to this restaurant named KERALA NO KAZE which means Winds of Kerala. They had these cute spoon holders and I want to buy such ones for my dinner table too... Still searching. Wished to share the pics with you all. Let me know if you see them anywhere



8 comments:

  1. this is such a cute thing to do..n so easy.
    i love the spons you spotted in japan..if u spot them anywhere in india..do let me know too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know its way to easy... And If I find it I will buy some for you too.

      Delete
  2. That looks so Bright and chirpy Shivali. Was thinking of doing something with my wooden spoons as well. But since I am not as talented as you are in the colouring aspect, I was thinking to do something with washi tapes. Will be buying some this weekend. Will share some pictures once I am done with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Renu...
      I wish we could get Washi tapes here. The moment I utter the word they give me a look which yells, WHAT ARE U TALKING ABOUT ? ARE U MENTAL....
      Anyways... Lets hope some day some vendor will understand what I want... Heehee...

      Delete
  3. This is such a cute post! I love how you added some color and spice to your kitchen equipments...something I might try myself. Thanks for visiting our blog, following you on bloglovin' now!

    Richa
    www.urbanmantra.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Shivali, you have been to Japan?? Great, I lived in Japan for the first 6 months of last year and totally loved the country. I didnt explore much, just in and around Tokyo, but loved it! How was your experience there?

    http://everythingthatclicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I was there for a year... And I am in love with Japan too.

      Delete

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.